Dorsal impaction is a chronic pain syndrome caused by repetitive axial loading of the wrist in dorsiflexion. This injury is common in young gymnasts.
- Pain is felt on the back of the wrist.
- The pain is increased with dorsiflexion and loading of the wrist.
Treatment should include:
- modification of training programs;
- wrist strengthening exercises;
- the use of wrist guards or a brace to prevent excessive dorsiflexion;
- for more severe pain, complete rest and immobilization.
If you would like an appointment / review with our dorsal impaction syndrome specialist in Singapore, the best way is to call +65 6664 8135 or click here to book an appointment at the clinic. If you would like to speak to one of our clinicians first about e.g. dorsal impaction hand therapy, dorsal wrist impingement syndrome, dorsiflexion of wrist, dorsal wrist syndrome treatment etc, then please contact email@example.com or SMS/WhatsApp to +65 6664 8135.
Rest assured that the best possible care will be provided for you.