Positioning and procedure
The subject presents his hand palm downwards. The examiner stabilizes the wrist with one hand. With the other, he applies resistance to the distal phalanx of each finger respectively.
Anatomical structures tested:
- Extension of the index finger:
- Extensor indicis proprius
- Tendon to the index finger of the extensor digitorum communis muscle
- Extension of the middle finger:
- Tendon to the middle finger of the extensor digitorum communis muscle
- Extension of the ring finger:
- Tendon to the ring finger of the extensor digitorum communis muscle
- Extension of the little finger:
- Extensor digiti minimi
- Tendon to the little finger of the extensor digitorum communis muscle.
Common pathological situations:
- Pain occurs in tendinitis of the extensor indicis proprius or of one of the tendons of the extensor digitorum communis.
- Weakness may occur in a lesion of the radial nerve.
If you would like an appointment / review with our specialist in Singapore, the best way is to call +65 6664 8135 or click here to book an appointment at the clinic. If you would like to speak to one of our clinicians first then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS/WhatsApp to +65 6664 8135.
Rest assured that the best possible care will be provided for you.